PMI SMC Compact "U" 4-Bar Rappel Rack - Sale
SMC’s U-Rack for rappelling has many advantages over other small U racks beyond SMC’s quality manufacturing.
SMC’s U-Rack for rappelling has many advantages over other small U racks beyond SMC’s quality manufacturing. The ingenious design prevents the bars from sliding around the bottom of the rack. The standard width of the SMC rappel rack allows it to be rigged on two ropes. The upper and lower tie off bars provide a greater variability of friction and secure tie off.
- SMC U-Rack assemblies are the only such U-Racks which are UL Certified to the current NFPA standards.
- U-Rack may be used as either a rappel or lowering device.
- U-Rack provides for even distribution of weight between both sides of the rack.
- U-Rack does not twist rope, as can occur when using a Figure 8 type descender.
- U-Rack may be used with single or double ropes of varying diameters.
- Different length racks provide wide range of friction and control under varying weights and applications.
- User may adjust friction by simply wrapping rope around the Tie-Off Bar(s).
- Stainless steel rack material provides greater strength, reliability and long lasting service.
- Tie-Off Bars are tubular stainless steel for longer life.
- Brake Bars are available as aluminum or stainless steel and come in a variety of styles and sizes.
- Racks & bars may be purchased separately so that the user may have a greater range of set-up configurations tailored to meet their individual needs for non-NFPA applications and as replacement parts.
- Weight: 1 lbs 10.6 oz (754 g)
- Length: 9.60" (24.4 cm)
- Width: 3.60" (9.1 cm)
- Height: 1.00" (2.5 cm)
- Material: Stainless Steel